Welcome to Pumpkin Picking @ Lawns!
A family friendly fun destination for picking your own pumpkins from our pumpkin patch, we'll also have drinks and food available.
Fancy dress is welcome and there will be random spot prizes issued by our team for those who have made a special effort.
Please bring your own bags to take your pumpkins away.
Pumpkin size will vary and size options may vary subject to availability (please bear this in mind if booking close to Halloween).
Gill and the Coffee Bean will be on site as much as she can.
Munkee Bizness will be on farm with their inflatables.
BattleAxe will be on farm on; Friday 22nd, Sunday 24th, Friday 28th, Saturday 30th and Sunday 31st.
Sunday 24th - there will also be Kiddy Kippers and the Cake Lady present amongst our Artisan Fayre; arts, crafts. candles, food & flowers in the farm yard.
Face Painters will be here; Friday 22nd (10am-2pm), Tuesday 26th, Wednesday 27th and Thursday 28th (10am-4pm).
Friday 22nd October 2021 - 10:00 hrs to 16:00 hrs. (OFF PEAK DISCOUNT)
Lawns Farm, York Lane, Morthen, S66 9JH
- Prices for this event vary – please select your preferred date and time to see price options. There are no walk ins permitted – every ticket has to be booked in advance online.
- Price is per person, 5 years and older.
- Under 5's are free entry and do not require an entry ticket.
- All bookings are non-refundable and non-changeable. Please check the date and time of your booking carefully. If you are unable to attend (including for covid reasons) we advise passing your tickets to friends or family.
- Visitors are required to follow the government COVID guidelines. If you are feeling unwell or have any symptoms, please do not attend.
- Entry does not include a pumpkin. These are available inside typically between £2 - £8+ based on their size.
- We will be open come rain or shine. It is sometimes a bit miserable in October so come armed with wellington boots and coats!
- Your time is is an arrival slot, you can stay as long as you like.
- Pumpkins are living vegetables and we can't guarantee how long they will last for after picking.
There is ample, free parking.
Please follow the attendants guidance and signage.
Please do not park on the roadside, (there are large agricultural vehicles passing through the narrow village lane and we'd hate for any damage to occur).
Use of the car park is at the owners risk, no liability for any accidents, damage or loss incurred is accepted by the event organisers.
Can I bring dogs?
Although we usually welcome dogs to our events, unfortunately due to hygiene regulations we can't allow dogs in the pumpkin areas, play area or farm shop at this event. We are very happy to welcome dogs on leads to the farm for the other 11 months of the year and apologise for any inconvenience.
Can I pay by card?
Yes the farm hosted elements can accept card payment. Third party vendors may have their own payment conditions.
When should I visit?
As early as possible! Typically most people like to visit the Farm in late October during the busy half term. For those only wishing to purchase Pumpkins, we recommend visiting earlier in October when the farm is quieter and there is a wider selection.
Will my Pumpkin last if I buy it early?
Yes! Pumpkins last a very long time. Traditionally Pumpkins and Squashes were stored for many months over winter as a valuable food supply. Your pumpkin will easily last until you are ready to carve it if you leave it untouched in a cool dark place.
Do I need to book just for Pumpkin Picking?
Yes, booking is essential.
Can I just turn up and pay on the door?
No. Entry to our Fields will not be permitted to anyone arriving without a pre-booked ticket. There may be a small amount of 'no shows' and cancellations available each day, but please do not count on this.
Is there parking available?
Yes, there is plenty of parking available.
Can I bring a picnic?
No, Food and drink may not be bought to The Farm. We have tried our best to accommodate this in the past, but sadly have been overwhelmed with littering in recent years. Food and drink are available to purchase on The Farm.
Can I carve my Pumpkin?
Yes, there is a dedicated carving area where you can carve your own Pumpkin. (Sorry only Pumpkins purchased from us, you can't bring your own). For Health & Safety reasons we cannot provide knives for you to carve with. Children must be supervised by their parents at this activity.